[Thank you Michael Petty for creating this picture. It symbolizes all the things that make me NUTZ in this post! You rock!]
10 things that drive me NUTZ...
1. It drives me NUTZ when a coin is tossed on a counter, and the coin doesn't lay down right away; but instead it twirls, making spinning coin noises. If a coin doesn't fall flat on the counter immediately, I will slap that thing down!! This also goes for spinning lids, or anything that spins, except for a top. Tops are supposed to spin.
2. The sound of cars running and running outside my house, drives me NUTZ! They will sit out there and rumble my house with their steady hum. And sometimes, if I'm really lucky, a car will play loud music that sounds like an oompa band is playing right outside my front door, or it sometimes sounds like a boom, boom, boom bass.
3. It drives me NUTZ when people don't use their blinker lights. An instance I find especially nutzy-causing is when parents are driving into the elementary school by my house. Some will wait until they are in the act of turning before putting on their blinker, because they don't want the parent arriving from the opposite direction to enter the school before they do. Some kind parents will do the every other car enters the school routine, which I find quite refreshing to watch, but I've seen more of the non-blinker people or blinker-during-the-turn people.
4. I took the picture on the bottom row left corner I took this from our break room. Do you see anything in it that might cause me to go NUTZ? I believe that the person who is placing a wet carafe on the burner of our coffee machine to let it drain dry, might be trying to make a point of some kind, but for the life of me, I haven't figured out what that point might be. Can you see the point?
5. You know all those people who drive big stupid trucks, and they usually back into a parking space? Well, sometimes they drive me NUTZ. Now I understand that taking the time to back-in saves them a couple of seconds during their departure, and I’ve been told that it makes it easier for them to see when pulling out, even though they’re sitting up there in the clouds and can see everything for miles. BUT, and I have a big one, what drives me NUTZ is when you’re following one of the rotund behemoths through a parking lot and it suddenly stops and starts backing into you to pull into a parking space backwards, and you’ve got to scramble to look back to see if you can pull back or not. AND, lots of times, people who drive big stupid trucks and they back-in, they will sometimes take up their parking space and about a 4th of another, so they’re taking up 2 parking spaces. And when someone is driving one of those big stupid duly trucks… well, I’ve gotta stop there, before I run under a tree and start collecting acorns!
6. And my last drives me NUTZ... Please stop all the kale pushing! Geez! Luby's has always made the very best spinach ever, but they've stopped making it and put kale in it's place! Kale tastes horrible, it's bitter, and it sucks grass! But, every time I go to Luby's, I always ask for the spinach, and hope that all of you spinach lovers out there will do the same, so that Luby's will konk themselves on the head and think, "Wow, everybody's asking for spinach. Maybe, we should start making it again, and throw this kale crap away." Dong... duh... seriously!
I love you all! Thank you for reading. Remember… don’t run with scissors, if a maniac is chasing you, don’t run into a dark ally, and most important of all, call your Mother and Gamma, I know she would love that.